FOREIGN INVESTMENT, REGULATORY COMPLIANCE & GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS:
Our investment practice consists of advising clients on the best vehicles/methods of conducting their businesses in regulated industries, special requirements, procedures and policies affecting such industries.
There is virtually no area of life or business which does not involve Federal, State or local Government – as businesses develop and start interacting directly with government we assist them by providing effective legal and government relationship services by virtue of our strategic location and partnership with relevant authorities.
Our lawyers have a thorough understanding of government’s inner workings. Such insight can be attributed to our network of personal and professional relationships within government that address a wide variety of legislative, administrative, procedural and political issues. Clients benefit from our experience, knowing they have a respected legal resource for strategic planning and counselling in governmental affairs, lobbying, regulatory and administrative law.
- We create and implement strategies for clients seeking government contracts or other federal appropriations, public procurement including supply of service, construction contracts, research and development grants or other allocations of federal funds.
- We monitor legislative and regulatory activities that will significantly affect a client’s company or industry in order to:
- Identify threats and opportunities in their early stages
- analyse the impact of pending or enacted laws and regulations
- Prepare a response, if necessary.
- We prepare legislative, political strategies and special legislation to address a client’s concerns, including drafting proposed legislation, advocating amendments to current laws, preparing hearing, testimony, written materials and organizing other related advocacy events and efforts.
- We represent clients before federal, state and local agencies, preparing the required regulatory filings and developing an overall case strategy.
- We provide strategic assistance to clients involved in federal government investigations.
These services include setting up companies at Corporate Affairs Commission, representing clients at hearings or tribunals for defending license applications or appealing against any refusals, making returns at the appropriate organizations for clients, Processing product registration with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) etc.
We advise on technology acquisition, technology transfer (Interface with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion), draft patent (local and International i.e. PCT), search for technology end users, negotiations in the commercialization of technology, registration and management of computer programs and software applications.
Securing type approvals from the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC)
Business Migration/ Direct investment
We also perfect all documents for businesses migrating or setting up in Nigeria, these services include setting up companies, registration, securing permits & licenses, expatriate quota , filings, securing concessions, incentives, waivers, advise on listing procedures, etc.