Data Privacy and Cyber Security
In the connected economy, data – particularly personal data – has become a core business asset. But just as its value has grown, so have the scope and complexity of the laws governing how it’s managed and exploited.FREE CONSULTATION
As a result, compliance failures now represent potentially critical risks that can give rise to significant reputational damage, loss of consumer trust, substantial regulatory fines, damages claims, and loss of corporate value.
Our specialist Data Privacy, Information Law and Cyber Security practice is unique in terms of its sector focus and the scope of its work, which ranges from advising on commercial data-driven transactions and cross-border and domestic regulatory compliance matters, to cyber security breach management, regulatory investigations and contentious matters relating to rights of publicity, defamation and reputation management.
Our clients are active across a diverse range of industries including media and entertainment, broadcasting, publishing, mobile telecoms, internet services, betting and gaming, software and mobile apps, financial services and retail. While we are trusted by some of the world’s best-known businesses, we also advise fast-growth, innovative companies operating at the intersection of technology and data, in areas including artificial intelligence, big data, ad tech and fin tech.
- International data sharing and exploitation
- Controller and processor arrangements
- Cyber security breaches
- Reputation management
- Compliance audits and training
- Regulatory investigations
- Development of technology use, privacy and cookie policies and procedures
- Data mining and behavioural targeting
- Subject access and freedom of information requests
- Contentious data privacy matters and dispute resolution
- Social media and user-generated content involving personal data
- Employee and worker privacy matters
- M&A and other strategic transactions involving the transfer of data assets